Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012?

Wow....another year has started and another month has almost passed...I am sure behind!
With this new job I don't sit on the computer as much to update. I miss my blogging. 
So I am finally getting around to new years eve! It was a blast. We went to Richy's sisters house to pig out on delicious food and played games with his fam, I love hanging out with them.

I always love reflecting on the past year and what all happened and how it all happened...I had some of my hardest trials and some of my happiest moments. It's funny how after a hard trial hits heavenly father always throws something good in the mix to keep us going. At least that's how it feels to me...maybe funny isn't the best word, but I have noticed that's what happens. And that's why I can't complain so much cause he gives me so many other amazing things to put my focus on. 

Who knew I would be dating one of my best friends that I grew up with at the end of the year? I sure as heck didn't see that coming, and he came just perfect timing. He has been my biggest supporter and has held my hand through everything. He is an absolute sweetheart and I am so thankful for the experiences I have had with him. I hope I didn't just jinx myself haha. 

I am so excited to start this new year with my new goals. It is so refreshing having a new start and I am actually motivated this time! So I am pretty excited :) 

Just a few highlights from the last year to put down....
-Got a new car
-Rob left on his mission
-Was able to go to Canada twice!
-Had Celeste down for conference 
-Got a new job, it was hard leaving my last one
-Super fun trip to Vegas with the friends
-Had a tough break up and was rewarded with an amazing guy. It's true, they only get better!
-Some road trips to Vernal and lots of time with Chara
-Went to Disneyland!! With some of my most favorite people
-Thanksgiving with the friends then another one with the fam
-The second annual ugly sweater party 
-Got a calling to be the laurel adviser and I absolutely love it!

It was a great year indeed! I have learned and grown so much and am so thankful to where I am at now. It is where I have worked my butt off to be. I am so blessed and amazed at what a year can bring. Life is such a journey and a roller coaster like they say, but that's what keeps us on our toes. 

I caught myself a few times saying...I miss roommates, going to school, having single friends, living on my own, going to a singles ward, doing whatever I want, etc. But as I keep growing up and looking at my life now, it is just where I need to be. It is all just the joys of growing up and going after new goals and dreams. I never ever thought I would be dating Richy, living at home, that I wouldn't be doing hair, that I would be a laurel adviser! It is just crazy to think about. I am thankful for where heavenly father has put me and things I get to experience. When I first got my calling it was the scariest thing ever, and I felt like I was just in there last week. It has been quite the journey but I have loved getting to know the girls. 

Anywhoo...just my random thoughts on the new year. I'm sure it all makes better sense in my head, but there it is! 


1 comment:

  1. Jax!!! I'm so jealous of those Laurels! You are going to be such a great advisor! This post made me so happy for you :) and I really loved that picture of you and Richy!

    ReplyDelete